Introduction to poetry
A Complete Online Course
- What is Poetry? When Is a Poem?
- How to Read a Poem (& Maybe Fall in Love with Poetry)
- Poetry’s Poetry Period
- Poetic Language
- Poetry as Conversation
- Poetry as Meditation on Poetry
- Words Poets Know
- Poetic Form: Open and Closed
- The Sonnet, History and Forms
- Some Other Forms: ode, ballad, elegy, epic, dramatic monologue, villanelle, sestina
- Woman (and Power) and Poetry
- Sixteenth and Seventeenth Century Poetry
- The Age of Reason
- The Romantic Era
- Modernism and After, the Twentieth Century
Información del libro
This book is a cloned version of An Introduction to Poetry, A Complete Online Course by Alan Lindsay and Candace Bergstrom, published using Pressbooks by Good Words Unlimited under a CC BY (Attribution) license. It may differ from the original.
Introduction to poetry by Alan Lindsay and Candace Bergstrom is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.